Magento - Amazon Integration
Would you like to integrate your Magento 2 store with Amazon?
You could greatly benefit by :
1) Expanding your sales to the Amazon.com marketplace.
2) Running more efficiently your company via: cutting on manual labour, saving time while reducing human data entry errors, always have your products inventory up to date online, having all your customers and orders managed all in one place.
There is now an official Magento - Amazon integration extension, made by Magento!
The considerable benefit of using a “Magento-made” integration, is that it gives us a solid foundation to set up the synchronization of your Magento 2 store with your Amazon store.
Unlike some small 3rd party vendor who in the past had built such integrations (let's call it politely a “less than perfect” Amazon integration extension like we have seen in the past in the old Magento 1 days). This extension made by Magento themselves, for both Magento 2 Commerce and Magento 2 Community editions, will give a smooth ride.
If you are not already selling on Amazon but are considering it.
Perhaps we can tip things in favour of deciding to move forward with this project.
First, lets us say that we strongly suggest that you consider selling on Amazon! Here are a few reasons:
1) Amazon accounts for 44 percent of all US online retail sales!
Even specialty products sell very well there. If you are selling products, a marketplace this large; sorry to be so direct, but you ignore at your own commercial loses.
2) 18% of Amazon stores, sells over 1 million dollars per year on the Amazon website.
Considering that only 7% of businesses in the USA sell more than 1 million a year (source *1),
it would be fair to say that the Amazon ecosystem and it’s high volume of buyers, more than double their odds to be a successful business owner/merchant to sell over 1 million dollars per year online.
3) An old statistic but still interesting :
“More than 20,000 small and medium-sized businesses worldwide surpassed $1M in sales on Amazon in 2017” (*source *2)
4) Despite all that sales volume and grand commercial success, there are still some product categories, which, surprisingly, are underserved on Amazon.
Source 1: https://www.businessknowhow.com/money/earn.htm
Source 2: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tjmccue/2018/07/24/amazon-report-cites-more-than-1-million-small-business-sellers-on-platform/
The official announcement made by the Magento company:
Link to the free Magento – amazon integration plugin to use as a base to set up your integration: