How do I increase sales on my e-commerce site?
You can gain leverage and sales opportunities using features included in Magento; it is affordable and quick. For example, Magento includes Abandoned Cart Recovery features, such as emails and reports, that are often overlooked.
Having more quality targeted traffic equals more sales.
This is done via several tactics such as:
- PPC ads
Providing value to potential customers to attract them to the website, such as:
- Blog posts
- A resource sections
- Freebies and giveaways, sometimes in the forms of white papers, case studies, reports, pdf, or a valuable guide for that target audience
- Webinars or offline seminars/events (free or not) which people can attend to learn something/improve their life/fix a problem, etc.
- Social media presence
Increasing the % of the current visitors that make a purchase.
This is called "Conversion rate optimization" or "CRO".
This is done via:
- A/B testing Learn more
- Abandoned cart recovery Learn more
- Heatmap analysis (where people go, look and click on the site)
- Traffic loss analysis (where do people leave your site?)
- Customer browsing sessions video recording and analysis to improve ergonomy and how easily people use the site
- General improvements of the user experience and how easily the buyer can find what he/she is looking for – this can often mean improving the search module of the website, and improving the filtering of the products and of the search results on the site
- Building loyalty and a returning habit to existing customers – this can often take the form of building a company/marketing asset such as a newsletter subscribers list.