What is A/B Testing?
It's an experiment with your customers by creating two (or more) versions of a page and measuring the response thereby resulting in a significant improvement in the conversion rate to achieve your business goals. During this process, you'll also have a clearer understanding of your customer's taste and what needs to be improved or changed.
How does A/B Testing work?
Let's say: Version "A" is your current website, while we build a version "B".
- Version A is randomly shown to 50% of site visitors and Version B is shown to the other 50%.
- We let the test run for 1 month.
- With the new collected data, whichever version yielded better visibility, reduced bounce rate, increased conversion and generated higher revenue, is then declared as the favored version.
- This version is then pushed to all the 100% of visitors. Now, this becomes the new improved version.
- The next step is designing a new variant, version C and so forth, which indeed should be better.
What are some important factors to look for when A/B Testing?
- User interaction & Interface – For improving the conversion rates
- Images & Graphics
- Font styles and sizes
- Appropriate usage of wordings on the product pages
- Unique and attractive descriptions appropriate for your products
- Product reviews on the Product detail page
- User-friendly navigation to help find products at ease
- Find out what type of Offers and Promotions attract customers
- Optimizing mobile shopping experience
- Faciliate the checkout process as much as possible